4.13.2011

My big boy's room...

My baby big boy Brody is almost through with kindergarten! How did this happen? When did he get to be so big?
My husband came home a few weeks ago with a new bed for him and I was pumped! ....Because it was free!!! He found it on the side of the road. I couldn't believe it! It was adorable. Primed and really muddy : ( Even though it was so dirty I still can't figure out why someone had this at the street. Oh well, their trash is our treasure.
Brody has always had a twin sized bed so this new find sparked a room redo for the "big boy"....Yay!
Here is a pic of the bed before I painted it:

I picked a few "big boy" bedding sets and let Brody choose the final selection. I think his exact words when he saw this one was "Cool, dude!" I went to Sears to see if they had it before I ordered it and didn't like the colors. They had it! And it was on sale for $59.99 for everything so I headed straight to the check out because that's a great deal, right? WRONG! The girl scanned it and the whole set was $29.99!!!!!! WOWZA!! I can't believe I got such a deal. The blue dresser and lamp were previously red but a few cans of spray paint for the dresser and an extra pillow case to cover the lamp and Ta-Da!
Here are the after pics of the room:



There are still lots of things to do in the room. Hardware on the blue dresser, wall decor, and a wooden dresser (checking craigslist often) for the wall at the foot of the bed.
Any suggestions for wall art would be appreciated.... : )

Linking to Your Sassy Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment